Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 8: Favorite Movie Or Inspired By A Movie

 Day eight is Favorite Movie with Carolina, Marta and Marketta
 Princess Mononoke is probably my favorite movie, I first saw it years ago when I was about thirteen I think and it has stuck with me ever since, which is saying a lot because I hardly watch a movie twice. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you give it a try, it really is a great movie in my opinion. I won't tell you much, you can easily look it up online but basically a man, Ashitaka, is cursed and leaves his village to find a cure. It does have some gore so it's not really a kids movie. 
 Anyways, today I picked one of my favorite parts of the movie where these spirits, kodama, show Ashitaka through a forest. They are cute in the movie and kind of have a rattle bobble head and no two are the same, there's no way to mess them up! For the background I did simple tree branches covered in moss. The base is OPI Black Onyx and the rest is acrylic paint. 




 Have you seen Princess Mononoke? What is your favorite movie?
 Don't forget to check out Carolina, Marta and Marketta to see their favorite movie!

17 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I prefer Miyazaki's lighter fare (My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo) but I remember the first time I saw Princess Mononoke and marveled at its message and its art. The kodama were my favorite part of the movie, lol. What a great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Princess Mononoke movie. But because you are really good I bet your nails are a good representation of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been a while since Ive seen Princess Mononoke but I really enjoyed it. Ive always liked Howl's Moving Castle and Ive been trying to find Nasuka and the Valley of the Wind. This post sure brought back a lot of memories. But my favorite movie would have to be the BirdCage :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! So amazing!!! The little forest spirits that click their heads!!!! They usually appeared when the forst was healthy, right? I really like Mononoke Hime but I have the english audio version and I would like to see the original version! But man, your manicure is so cute!!! I absolutely love it! I think this has to be one of the best manicures I've seen in my life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog. I love these so much! Forest spirits are so cute. Big fan of Hayao Miyazaki ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never heard of the movie Princess Mononoke, but this mani is so cute! Those spirts look so adorable.

    My favorite movie is Goodfellas (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is amazing! i love everything Miyazaki and Princess Mononoke! its one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! I love this movie, and I love this manicure. I think it turned really fantastic! Wow! I don't know what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Mononoke-hime! It was my first Miyazaki movie and it's still my favorite. The music was amazing too... Your manicure has that Mononoke spirit to it... very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of this movie but I love how it inspired this INCREDIBLE MANICURE.
    The little spirits are super cute... but my mind is actually drawn to the 'tree branches' that cause this eery looking drip effect... brilliant colours... absolutely great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this movie on my hard drive, but have yet to watch it. Love how your mani turned out though! Very adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you my dear are a freaking ARTIST. the details make everything "pop" and look soooo real!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen this movie, but I want to now! This is gorgeous! and creepy at the same time :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Tera! I love this mani!
    Your nail art are always really impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so adorable! I've never seen that movie before, but this looks great! I also liked the green you incorporated to tie all the nails together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute... I've not heard of that movie, but I love the manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH MY GOSH! (sorry for the caps really thrilled to see this) I love Princess Mononoke.(of course almost anything Ghibli I enjoy) ^^ You did the forest spirits exactly like i remember. So cute.Just awesome Mani.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...