Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 4: Animal Print

 Day four, animals prints with Carolina, Marketta and Marta
 I have done leopard and tiger/zebra print before so this was the perfect chance for me to step outside my current comfort zone and try snakeskin. These are easy to do if you some kind of image plate or even netting or tulle, not so easy if you don't. Unfortunately for me I have none of those things and I tried it freehand which was time consuming. My husband said I had to do the Western Diamondback and I complied, here is the picture I went off of. 
 Now, part of my problem was probably that I used polish for the light brown diamond scale shapes and they acrylic I mixed for the lighter grey blended in too much after top coat. I think I should have done less light brown and more dark brown and black. Either way it looks alright, and from a distance pretty cool, but not really what I had hoped for. It kind of reminds me of old man socks, you know the argyle ones? Yeah, those, just in a crazy pattern. I must confess though, I have a few pairs of those in womens Japanese style. And to be honest I have them on right now, maybe that's why this mani reminds me of it.
 I used OPI's Suzi Takes The Wheel for the background and San Tan-Tonio for the light brown and acrylic paint for the rest of this design. 


 What do you think it looks like?
 Be sure to check out Carolina, Marketta and Marta to see their animal prints! 

14 comments:

  1. I think it looks like snakeskin! I saw your picture on my blogroll and went, "Oh, cool, she did snakeskin! THAT'S SO RAD!" ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks like snakeskin too! And I'm even more impressed that you painted it freehand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! And I think it's great that you chose something else for todays challenge than the "usual" leopard/tiger :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try snakeskin too, but don't have anything for it either! Perhaps I should try what you did - they do look like snake skin. Impressive freehand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this looks awesome!! It looks like a zoomed in shot of snakeskin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's Amazing!
    It's just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it! It must have been hard to draw all the tiny little diamond shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks awesome! Even better knowing you did it free-hand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOLY CANOLLY! you did THIS freehand!?!
    Wow... you are
    1) super genious
    and
    2) super super patient!!!

    Incredible!!! So snakelike! (although when I turn my head a little and use my imagination I totally get what you mean about old-man sock) :D
    Wow! You blew me away with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the wonderful comments! It did require a lot of patience! A few times I wanted to say screw it but I had a good time trying to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...