Friday, October 7, 2011

Muppets Collection The Shimmers With Glitters Preview

 I know Halloween isn't even over yet but today I have OPI's Muppets collection to share. I couldn't help but try them out. All of the pictures are without top coat. 
 Pepe's Purple Passion is a dark burgundy purple with burgundy and gold flakes. It covers well in two thin coats but because of this the flakes aren't as visible on the nail as in the bottle and it is very bumpy. Kari from Once Bitten  thinned hers out a bit with clear to make it more smooth and let the flakes show through more and it looked so much better. I might do the same with mine as well. 


 One thin coat of Divine Swine Layered over Pepe's Purple Passion. Divine Swine is a clear based polish with small purple and lager silver hex glitter.


Wocka Wocka!, red with what looks like gold shimmer. Very pretty, it seems to glow. It covers well in two thin coats.


 One thin coat of Excuse Moi! layered over Wocka Wocka! Excuse Moi!, unlike the other glitters in this collection, has a pink base with what looks to be pink, green and silver glitter.


 Warm & Fozzie is a metallic bronze foil. It looks to have silver and gold flakes in it. This one is a little sheer and needed three coats. 


 Two thin coats of Gone Gonzo! layered over Warm & Fozzie. Gone Gonzo is a clear base with small blue and large silver hex glitter.


Meep-Meep-Meep is a fuschia with pink flakes, very close to last years Let Me Entertain You except more pink. Covers well in two coats.


 Two thin coats of Fresh Frog Of Bel Air layered over Meep-Meep-Meep. Fresh Frog Of Bel Air is a clear base it small green and large silver hex glitter.


 Animal-istic is a red-orange with maybe gold shimmer? I couldn't really tell, either way it is beautiful! Covered well in two coats.


 One thin coat of Gettin' Miss Piggy With It layered over Animal-istic. Gettin' Miss Piggy With It is a clear base with small red and large silver hex glitter.

 
 Designer...De Better! is a metallic silver foil with warm gold flakes that makes it appear light gold sometimes. It was a bit sheer like Warm and Fozzie but covers well in three thin coats.
 This is the one that surprised me the most out of this collection. I thought I wouldn't like it but I was wrong. This might be my favorite.


 One thin coat of Rainbow Connection layered over Designer...De Better!. Rainbow connection is a clear base with three sizes of hex glitter.
 This was the one I wanted the most out of the collection but now that I have it and have gotten a few other multi-glitter polishes like this I am somewhat disappointed. It is still a gorgeous glitter polish but much like the others out there. If you have Happy Birthday, Gems, Carnival or one of the others you don't really need this one.


 Overall, I am very happy with this collection as a whole. There are a few let downs for me but I still love them! My favorites are Designer...De Better, Animal-istic and Fresh Frog Of Bel Air. I will be back showing the glitters by themselves probably tomorrow.  
 Which is your favorite? Are you planning on picking up any of the Muppets collection? 

6 comments:

  1. Your swatches look sooo pretty!I especially like the way you layered Gone Gonzo,it's my fave along with Designer de better and Animalistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the glitters! I hope I can find them in store somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already grabbed all the glitters, Pepe's, and the two foils. I'm hoping to hold firm against the reds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. KarenD,I only want Animalistic,because the other day I was asking my hubby what his fave muppet character was,and he told me Animal,the drummer,and said he would clatter on the drums.:-D I could have just died laughing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two thin coats of Gone Gonzo! layered over Warm & Fozzie. <------ That is freaking brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, girls!

    thalie @ Glazed Talons, I really love the layering with these! So funny about the drums. That was the only think I could think about when I saw the name on Animal-istic.

    KarenD, I couldn't help myself on the reds. I don't wear red much but I knew if I passed them up I would regret it.

    imfeelingnail-venturous, I wasn't sure if I would like it when I was deciding on combos but I had to try it and I'm glad I did!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...