Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Hello Kitty Tutorial

 I have a huge obsession with Hello Kitty so it shouldn't be a surprise that I have a Hello Kitty design for Halloween. Her as a black cat was too cute so that's what we will be doing today. I couldn't decide on what to do with her and didn't want to make it too complicated so I just did simple webs. 
 I have to warn you guys, she is simple but you do have to be able to get the outline somewhat close and be able to do small details but I fully believe that if you have patience and take your time you can do it. 


 If you would like to see the tutorial keep reading.


 I have a tutorial on spider webs you can see here so I won't go into much detail for the webs but did them on all of my nails except the ring finger.



 Now, I only used three colors of acrylic paint to keep it easy, black, white and orange. Like I said, if you can get the outline you've pretty much got it made. Remember, it is much easier to make a design bigger than to make it smaller so start small and build out.
 Hello Kitty is a basic shape, pretty much a huge circle/oval for a head, a smaller oval for the body, two triangles on top of the head for ears and four sticks for arms and legs. On the end of the arms make a small dot for a hand and an even smaller dot for a thumbs. If you can, Hello Kitty gives you two thumbs up because they are tiny. Don't forget to make an s-curved line for her tail!


 It's pretty easy here on out as long as you have a tiny brush and a somewhat steady hand.
 On to the fun part, filling in. I started with the paws, make a dot in the center of the hand and three smaller dots out from there. For the face don't fill in all of the black but leave a good space at the top, you should have a white oval instead of a circle there. Now make a white oval under the head for the belly.


 I forgot to take pictures of this step before top coat but it is simple. Using white make a small dot at the top right hand side of her face. Then make a small triangle on each side to form her bow and fill in with orange. While that dries take black and make the tiniest oval going side to side for her nose and next to it on each side make an oval going up and down to make her eyes. Three small lines on each side of the face make the whiskers. Finally, with you black outline the bow.
 Give it a minute or so to dry, top coat and you are done. Now you have Hello Kitty as a black cat for Halloween.


 Zom-Body To Love glows very bright, I love it! Obviously you will only be able to see the outline of Hello Kitty in pure darkness but my camera refuses to pick up on it like that so there is a bit of light to get the camera to focus.


 What do you think of Hello Kitty in her Halloween costume, will you be trying her? I think she needs to be a reindeer for Christmas.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is super cute! I love Hello Kitty too! You did a wonderful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, that's so cuuuuuute! ♥ I love it! It's a challenge painting details this small, but it turned out really great! And I totally agree that Hello Kitty should try her reindeer costume for christmas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Seems really hard to do though, but I can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! You must have very steady hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! I have a hello kitty obsession also from purses and wallets to contact lens cases and watches LOL! Your freehand is crazy, I am terrible at any type of drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is fantastic!! You are so amazingly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job! you are very talented. this turned out great! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...