Monday, October 3, 2011

Graveyard Zombies

 Another tutorial for Halloween, graveyard zombies! I have been thinking about this one for a while and wanted to try it today. My zombies don't really have much of a creep factor but I haven't been feeling great and I don't think my painting skills were on par today. I still think it is cool.


 If you would like to see the tutorial for this design keep reading.
 I started off with a grey, Suzi Takes the Wheel. To make the ground I used several shades of grey acrylic paint.



 With an almost black start making your gravestones. I put a tree in as well, just make a line for the trunk and dot around it for leaves. 


 Now comes the really fun part, making your zombies. Like I said earlier I didn't feel great today so it isn't the best, I was groggy on NyQuil, but I still think it is awesome. Just make a dot for the head a oval or wide line for the body and two lines for arms and two for legs. I really wanted them to have that leg dragging, head to the side, dead look but it didn't turn out, maybe I will try these again soon. 


 For the last step I used white paint watered down to almost nothing to make fog. Once you have it watered down dot and swirl it on where you want it.  
 Top coat and your done!


 I really like the zombie under the tree on my index, he just seems more creepy for some reason.
 Will you be doing a spooky design for Halloween? I think I might do Jack and Sally.
 Update 
 In my drug induced stupor yesterday I forgot to mention my inspiration for this design, you can see it here. There are some pretty cool things there, in a morbid kind of way, like red velvet brains cupcakes and eye truffles along with some spooky Halloween-ish pictures and things. Great for Halloween, you should check it out.

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea!
    I'm not sure if I'll do any halloween designs. We don't really celebrate it here in Germany :D I really liked your shadows/moon-design. I might try something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome mani, I love your little tree! You should totally do Jack & Sally, that'd be a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO freaking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much girls!

    Sad, Kayono! Halloween is my favorite! Everyone should celebrate. You should do a spooky design even if they don't really celebrate in Germany. Maybe then they will realize how awesome it is!

    Nail Nerd, I am pretty sure my actual Halloween design will be Jack and Sally. I have been thinking about it for a while now and I can' think of anything else I would rather do this year!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...