Friday, August 3, 2012

China Glaze Swanky Silk

 Hey everyone, hope your week has been going great, it has been a long stressful past few days for us! We finally closed on our house yesterday and are getting things moved in so I will not have internet for a few days until it gets hooked up. Hopefully, everything will be quick. All of our belongings that have been in shipment will be coming in this week as well and I am excited to have everything and get settled in here.
 Continuing today with the second polish I picked up from the China Glaze Bohemian collection is Swanky Silk. It is a gold with a peachy duochrome. This one looked interesting at the store in the bottle, that's the only reason I bought it, on the nail though I was disappointed with it because the duochrome isn't that visible. Picture is two coats. Like Unpredictable it was sheer on the first coat and does leave brushstrokes.


 You can see the duochrome better in this picture.


 But this is what it looked like most of the time.


4 comments:

  1. This is one of those shades I have learned to pass on. The frosty nature that is used in some formulas trying to produce a duochrome or a metallic end up just that - frosty and I don't do frost anymore. I had 20 yrs of frost when that was the polish if you did not want to look like a grandma. Never really liked the look then on nails and don't like it now. I will admit I thought I did rock it when I wore frosted white lipstick in the 60's! I think over all ChG has a fail on this collection. I might go and check the purple one a bit closer when I hit a town tomorrow that has a Sally's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty polish, but I feel like it's been done before.
    Hope all is going well with the move. And congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on closing! Heh, you must be soooo looking forward to being reunited with your stuff. ;)

    Your 2nd pic is probably the best duo shift I've seen yet from this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually really like this polish, I think it looks nice on you :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...