Thursday, August 23, 2012

China Glaze Elephant Walk

 Hey! I hope you are having a great week so far. I know I am probably behind all of you but I just read The Hunger Games book over the weekend and finished watching the movie last night. I have to say, like most everyone does, the book was by far better than the movie. Have any of your read the book and watched the movie? Which did you like better?
 Elephant Walk is from the China Glaze On Safari collection for fall. It's a green tinted grey with silver shimmer. The shimmer is just enough that you barely notice it unless in bright light but makes it more interesting than just the boring grey creme. My bottle was a little on the thick side and didn't even out on its own. Picture is two coats with top coat.


 Be sure to check back tomorrow for a nail art tutorial! 

7 comments:

  1. I have yet to see the movie... But I REALLY want too. I loved the books. This grey shimmer looks great next to your skin. I don't mind hidden shimmer, as long as I like the base colour of course (which in this case I do very much!). Yay! I can't wait to see the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie was ok but I loved the book so much more! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. it looks super pretty! I love grey polishes ;D
    Yes, I read the book and saw the movie! The book is better but I enjoyed the movie a lot, much more than I thought. So it's rather good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did not think I needed this one at first. Then checked my collection and realized I had deep charcoal grays or lighter grays and not a good med. gray as this one is...so picked it up on a trip out of town for medical when I got to a Sally's. I don't see much shimmer in my bottle but the formula is a dream. I can see keeping this one and getting rid of some of my deeper grays of which I have far too many that all kind of look like each other.

    I am so not into the genera (books or movies) that the Hunger Games is in...call me weird - I know - but that's just me. I don't like sc fy or fantasy at all and also don't like young adult books typically. I am a huge non-ficton reader as well as great mystery and good novels. I might be the only one who reads your blog who never read or saw HG! I think the few good horro/sc fy movies are far and between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost passed on this one, glad I didn't! Like you said, I have dark grey or lighter ones, nothing quite like this one. It's really hard to keep me entertained in books or movies/tv these days and I didn't think I would like The Hunger Games at all but I was surprised!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous grey! I really like this one whenever I see swatches of it. I think I might need to get it eventually.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...