Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Snakeskin With Tutorial

 Hey, I hope you all had a good weekend! We've been busy packing out of our house and finally got moved into the hotel yesterday so will be here for the next week until we fly out.
 Today I have a tutorial for snakeskin, though. If you've been around here a while you might remember the snakeskin I did several months ago, if not you can see it here. While that one turned out ok, I wasn't really satisfied with it and have been thinking of different ways to do the print without a stamp or netting. I came across this video and it worked out better than I thought it might. I did it a bit different, sponging on the color instead of coloring in each scale afterwards, but did follow the basic idea.


 If you would like to see the tutorial keep reading.

 I started off with a brown, OPI San Tan-Tonio, for my base. With a darker brown and black acrylic paint sponge random blotches on.


 Next, with the black start making thin lines diagonally across the nail forming a diamond pattern. It doesn't have to be too perfect.



 After you get your diamond pattern across all of the nails take your black again and round out the bottom of each diamond. Now, add in a few dots and lines at the top of each diamond to shade them a bit.


 Top coat and that's it, now you have snakeskin nails! You could do these with different colors as well or sponge on a real snakeskin pattern.


 Have you tried animal print nails before? What print is your favorite?

13 comments:

  1. Very cool! Thanks for the tutorial, I will need to try this. I need to add, that I envy how steady your hands are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually have unsteady hands, I rest them on a stable surface as much as I can and it helps a lot.

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing and especially for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these look so awesome! Best free handed snakeskin nail art I have ever seen! :) You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so pretty! It looks amazing. GReat tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing technique & creativity... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect! I thought you stamped the net!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...