Monday, July 25, 2011

Yukata Inspired

 The Tanabata festival was held this weekend and I did my nails to match my Yukata. Tanabata is the festival about two lovers who can only meet once a year, on the seventh day of the seventh month. Even though it is supposed to be on the seventh many towns celebrate at different times and here it is the last weekend of July. For the most part it is people writing wishes on paper, hanging them on decorations and enjoying festival food and games. 
 A Japanese friend invited us over and gave me this Yukata last weekend to test fit for the festival and I went back so she could help me put everything on. I tried my best to remember the design after we left so I could paint my nails to match but I forgot most of it. All I could remember was white with black lines, pink, purple and maybe blue flowers with gold butterfly's. The print is gorgeous though and I love it! 
 Unfortunately, it rained a little the day we went so I didn't get any pictures at the festival but I did take pictures of Yukata design and my nails after.  



 Did you do anything over the weekend?

10 comments:

  1. I like the nails! And a very nice yukata you got to wear! The flowers kind of look like hydrangea to me. Pretty! What is the white polish you used for this design?

    I reminisced a lot about Hirosaki this weekend. I really want to go back badly these days. Good times... And I actually thought about getting my yukata out of its box and just wear it here in Germany ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this so much. Very elegant. I was super lazy this weekend! I did some shopping and saw a movie with a friend. The best part was being able to sleep in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great design!

    I didn't do anything nearly as interesting this weekend as your festival going--just hung out at home in the air conditioning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Kayono! I used OPI Alpine Snow, I really need a new one. I keep putting thinner in it to make it last one more mani.
    You should have!

    Persnickety Polish, thanks! Sleeping in, shopping and a movie sounds like a great weekend to me.

    Thanks, KarenD! Air conditioning sounds fantastic, it is so hot and humid here now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so amazing - I love it sweetie!

    /Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Sarahlouise1986!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really pretty and very nice that it matches your yukata!
    you used acrylic for the flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Nailderella! Yes, I used acrylic paint for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this manicure! And your nails too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...