Friday, March 9, 2012

NYX Dorthy

 I can't believe I have had this polish for so long and haven't tried it yet! Dorthy is a black jelly base with small and large red hex glitter. It is supposedly a dupe for Lippmann Ruby Red Slippers, I don't have RRS but from the pictures I have seen they look pretty close. Either way, I really like this glitter. 
 The pictures are one coat on my pinky, two coats on my ring, three on my middle and four on my index. I would suggest layering it but you can wear it alone. The formula was a bit thick and my brush had a few wild bristle but otherwise it was fine. 


 Do you prefer glitter in a clear base or colored?

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I like both types of glitter, in clear base, in colored base. I just don't like when the base is super dark and can only wear that glitter over black or on it's own

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes it's a bummer when you want to layer it over something else.

      Delete
  2. I prefer glitter in a colored base, for sure.
    I have RRS, and this looks like a dupe to me; I wish I'd seen this one first and save some $ !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been so many dupes popping up lately or higher brands, definitely keep an eye out!

      Delete
  3. I like them in a clear base! For example I'm looking for a red glitter like Dorothy to sponge on the tips of red polish. I need a clear base for that because the black one wouldn't work well! Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the only ones I know are Milani Jewel FX Red, full of medium hex glitter, and so is Lippmann Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? or OPI Gettin' Miss Piggy With It which has silver, other than that I can't think of any.

      Delete
  4. This is really pretty!! It's hard to choose, but I guess I'd have to say I prefer glitter in a colored base.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...