Saturday, October 6, 2012

Rainbow Honey The Yokai Collection

 Hey guys! Today I have a new collection from Rainbow Honey called The Yokai collection. If you haven't heard of Rainbow Honey before, they make some amazing polishes and I am blow away by their packaging as well, you can check them out at RainbowHoney.com or on Facebook.
 The Yokia is a limited edition collection that is set to release on October 13th. It includes Kitsune, Oni and Kawako. First up is bottle shots and the packaging.





 Now for the polishes in the Yokai collection.
 Kawako, the mischievous river child, a deep blue base with small silver and blue flakes and what seems like iridescent larger flakes, you might be able to spot one on my ring finger. It does make application of this polish a little more difficult because some of the larger flakes tend to hang over the edge of the nail but it is manageable. Picture is two coats with top coat.


 Kitsune, the magical white fox, is a light nude base packed with brown glitter, orange and gold holographic glitter along with a fine gold shimmer. Picture is two coats with top coat. This one was a bit thick but nothing a few drops of thinner shouldn't be able to take care of.


 I saved my surprise favorite for last, Oni, the malevolent wild demon, a dark brown base with gold and purple flakes. I think it is absolutely stunning! Picture is two coats with top coat.


 Do you have a favorite from this collection, will you be picking any up?

*Products in this post were provided for my honest opinion.*

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, these are all so pretty! I have a love/hate relationship with RH.....the ones I own are crazy thick and goopy. Very difficult to apply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have laid off buying indie polishes now for some time - I got too many that were iffy and waaaaaay too many were only doing glitter after glitter after glitter toppers - I have I would think every glitter color I could ever need and don't want more. But this collection really caught my eye when I first saw it - sad to read Angie's comment that she's had icky formulas from this brand in the past. I was already marking my calendar for Oct 13th release date on these, thinking I would break out and buy some indie polishes. Nothing else this brand has released that is still up there now even slightly interests me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look so pretty, great swatches!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...