Friday, May 18, 2012

Color Club Magnetic Force Steel Of The Night


 Hey guys! I've never tried magnetic polishes before and, surprisingly, I found the Color Club ones here back when my mother-in-law was visiting and snagged a few to try. If you haven't used them before there is a learning curve I think. To use them you polish like normal but on the last coat, while the polish is still wet, hold the magnet above the nail without touching it. On the Color Club it says to hold it for 15 seconds but I have found the longer you hold the magnet over the polish while it dries the better the design turns out. I held mine for about 30 seconds. It also helps to keep both hands very steady or it could blur the design. The Color Club magnet has a ridge on it to place near the cuticle so you can rest the magnet to help keep it steady and from touching the nail.   
 Steel Of The Night is a dark gunmetal grey in the bottle but once you use the magnet the black appears. These do dry insanely quick so you need to be fast. The only issues I had was on a few nails the magnet didn't seem to work on the sides and had to redo them. I'm not sure if it dried too quick, my nails are too curved or if it was just the magnet. The magnet is a bit narrow so if you have wide nails it might be a problem too. Also, all the magnets for these polishes are the same so there isn't much variety. 
 Picture is two coats with topcoat. Be careful when you add topcoat with these, if you apply too much pressure it can easily drag the design. 


 On my ring finger here I turned the magnet sideways for a different design so you can use it any way you just won't have the ridge to help you keep it steady.


 Below is Steele Of The Night before the magnet. 


 Have you tried any magnetic polishes yet? Which is you favorite?

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Amazing! I love how dark it gets with the magnetic effect. Gorgeous swatches <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was so surprised when I took the magnet off at how dark it got!

      Delete
  2. Hi Tera,
    I have been trying to "magnet" my polish so that it look wonderful like yours but so far I am not impressed with mine. Mine is Nails Inc. :(
    Btw since you are in Japan, how do you get so many USA brands? Are they widely available in Japan as well?
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Memoiselle! Aww, sad! What method are you trying? Are you resting both hands on something so the magnet does not move?
      The US brands are not really available here. If you can find them they are an outrageous price. My husband is military and the base here has a small store that sells American items. Occasionally, more like rarely, they get in new US brand polish collections to sell and that's where I pick them up or I order them online.

      Delete
    2. I was stunned to see Color Club polishes at our store! In the year I've been out here, I've only seen the standard drugstore lineup: Revlon, Sally Hansen, NYC, Wet 'n Wild, and L'Oreal. I think I let out the loudest, piggiest squeal when I saw the shelf of Color Clubs, lol!

      Delete
    3. I know right, ANA? At first I thought I was hallucinating, I have never seen them sell Color Cub here before. They had the magnetics and the blooming collection, gasp!

      Delete
  3. Ooh I just noticed the layout has changed! you're pretty good with those magnets - mine came out terrible. I was using the T-SING magnetic polishes, wonder how those compare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have been playing around with different layouts, still not completely satisfied though! Thanks! It takes patience, I'm still not perfect at it and have to do some over again. I think the biggest trick is to hold the magnet as close as possible without touching the nail and keeping it as still as you can. Hummm, not sure, I might have to look them up!

      Delete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...