Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Texas Sorbets

 Today I have the sorbets from the Texas collection. I wasn't sure what to make of these. I like them for the high shine and squishy look you get, on the other hand I am not crazy about visible nail line and they are a bit watery. You have to be careful to not overload your brush. Pictures of these colors are four thick coats each. 
 Y'all Come Back Ya Hear? is a nice orange but was the most sheer. I wanted this one the most and I was a bit let down. 


 Guy Meets Gal-Veston, an orange-red.


 Big Hair...Big Nails is a light coral red.


 Too Hot Pink To Hold 'Em was my favorite of the sorbets on the nail. It really is like a hot, dark pink. 


 Do You Think I'm Tex-y? is somewhere between Too Hot Pink To Hold 'Em and Houston We Have A Purple. 


 Which brings us to Houston We Have A Purple. Almost like grape jelly, with four coats their really isn't much visible nail line. 


 Overall, I am a little disappointed with this collection. I was expecting that but still I was holding that I would change my mind when I had them. Their are colors that I love here but with the sheer, watery mess that most of them were doesn't make me love them much. But on a plus they dry pretty quick. I wish they had made a larger range of colors. The sorbets all look about the same, just a shade away from each other. If you haven't picked up any of the sorbets and are thinking about it you could easily buy one or two and probably be perfectly happy. 
 My favorites of the sorbets were Too Hot Pink To Hold 'Em, Do You Think I'm Tex-y? and Houston We Have A Purple just because those seem more opaque. If the other sorbets were just a bit less sheer I would love all of them. I will have to layer a few and do some candy manis, maybe then I will feel a bit different.
 What do you think of the sorbets? 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you bought the entire Texas collection!
    I fell the same as you with this collection...I'm not a visible nail line lover either...But I decided to try "Guy Meets Gal-Veston" too see what it looked like. I also like its squishy look but at the same time, it's really really bright...maybe a bit too much for me...or maybe better for summer! Anyway, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the sorbets are very bright but at the same time the visible nail line makes my nails look dirty. Maybe try Houston We Have A Purple or Do You Think I'm Tex-y, those are a bit darker but are still squishy and shiny. After I take my current manicure off I will try layering and see how I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Houston we have a purple might be a good choice! or layering...but it seems you lose a little of the sorbet particularity...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The good thing about Do You Think I'm Tex-y and Houston We Have A Purple is with three or four coats there isn't really any visible nail line.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...